[Fontconfig] mmap branch vs gnome-terminal

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Sep 12 00:33:57 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 01:17 -0400, Patrick Lam wrote:

> keithp: I've added the FC_RENDER member back to the FcBaseObjectTypes
> array; it was previously commented out.  We do put FC_RENDERs into
> FcPatterns, although I guess that we don't write them out to disk.  So
> fontconfig was trying to write an FC_RENDER element into an FcPattern,
> failing, and bailing.  Does this look like the correct solution to you?

I thought the FcBaseObjectTypes were only those which were written to
disk and that patterns could contain other object types  as long as they
were only in memory. Fontconfig applications (and even config files) can
add arbitrary object types to patterns, even those which are unknown to
any existing library or application...

Or am I just confused here?

-keith