[Fontconfig] Portability questions & 2.4.0 release plans

Christian Prochaska cp.ml.x.dev at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 22 08:45:34 PDT 2006

On 4/7/06, Patrick Lam <plam at mit.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've committed a number of portability fixes to the fc-2_4_branch of
> fontconfig in the past few days.  I'd like to know whether it breaks
> anything, and what platforms you can get fontconfig running on.
>
> I'm particularly interested in reports about MinGW, HP-UX, and Solaris.
>  Please reply to me or the list and let me know if things work.
>
> If things look good, I'd like to release 2.3.95 in a week, let it bake
> for two weeks, and then release 2.4.0 with the same code.
>
> pat

MinGW:

autoconfiguration failed:

$ ./autogen.sh
I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
Running aclocal
Running autoheader
' is already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
autoconf/status.m4:844: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
configure.in:513: the top level
autom4te: /bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
autoheader: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1

Fortunately I could run it on a linux machine, so I finally got the
configure script generated.

Compilation went fine, but the included test failed:

$ ./run-test.sh
*** Test failed: Basic check
*** output is in 'out', expected output in 'out.expected'

the "out" file is attached.