[Fontconfig] Status about fontconfig CVS regarding cache handling

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Thu Feb 2 01:52:59 PST 2006

Le mardi 31 janvier 2006 à 10:45 +0100, Frederic Crozat a écrit :
> Le lundi 30 janvier 2006 à 18:06 +0100, Frederic Crozat a écrit :

> > > Thanks.  Let's see if current CVS is kind of stable and then I'll push
> > > 2.3.94.  Also there's that make distcheck problem on my laptop (it works
> > > fine on my desktop) which I don't know how to fix.
> >
> > Status update with refreshed CVS snapshot (15min ago) :
> >
> > ~/.fonts.cache-2 created each time an application is started when
> > ~/.fonts exist => FIXED
> > fc-cat ~/.fonts.cache-2 returns empty informations => FIXED
> >
> > And I haven't see any regression about the other bug I mentioned in my
> >
> > As Matthias noted, "make check" now fails.
>
> Status update with CVS snapshot 20050131 (10:44 CET)
> * make check fails => FIXED
>
> No regression found on my side.
>
> I've just pushed it in Mandriva cooker to see if many people start
> screaming ;)

Well, just to let you know : cooker folks are screaming a lot :(

Many seems to have an old ~/.fonts.cache-2 file which get in the way to
force a entire cache regeneration for each application start.

I haven't been able to spot the problem precisely yet.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva