[Fontconfig] Porting, binary files, and releases

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 9 07:53:20 PST 2006

Doodle wrote:
> The code uses fopen() at some places, and uses open() at some other.
> Shouldn't this be unified? Anyway, the open flag O_BINARY is missing
> from the open() of the cache file handling routines, which caused
> problems with the font-cache on OS/2 GCC (where the default is text file).

Um, O_BINARY doesn't exist for me under Linux.  I better not commit
that.  Someone (not me) is going to have to be a bit more clever than
that.  rsync defines its own O_BINARY to 0 if the platform doesn't
provide it.  You might want to start with the binary.patch I've attached.

pat