[Fontconfig] Status about fontconfig CVS regarding cache handling

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 16 07:44:06 PST 2006

Frederic Crozat wrote:
> I think we should try to really nail that bug, otherwise people will end
> with unstable cache behaviour. Maybe adding a "--remove-obsolete-cache"
> option to fc-cache to remove fonts.cache-2 outside /var/cache/fontconfig
> would be a solution (and it could remove fonts.cache-1 too if we want ;)

fc-cache -r|--really-force will now blow away all old caches
unconditionally.  FcDirCacheUnlink will actually remove both the cache
in /var/cache and in the original directory; always has.

pat