[Fontconfig] Extrange behaviour of fontconfig 2.3.93 (II)

Stephan Kulow coolo at suse.de
Mon Jan 9 03:31:43 PST 2006

Am Samstag, 31. Dezember 2005 03:02 schrieb Luis Miguel García Mancebo:
> This is very weird.
>
> Now I have reinstalled 2.3.93 and now the problem is gone. I don't know
> where the problem could have been. If anyone has any clue, or want for me
> to do some testing...
>
> If not... it seems the problem gone.

Hi!

The problem is most likely that your cache was not uptodate, so it had to
generate ~/.fonts.cache-2 - but as the directory's modification time is
checked against the cache time, it's very often out of date if you wrote
something to your home directory (which happens pretty often as many
log files are there).

The fix is to a) not have fonts in your home directory directory (but subdirs)
and b) run fc-cache as root after fontconfig updates.

Greetings, Stephan