[Fontconfig] Re: Patch: fix for fc-cache with relative path

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Fri Jan 13 06:03:19 PST 2006

Patrick Lam <plam at MIT.EDU> さんは書きました:

> That looks like it's probably correct.  I'll look at the various
> patches floating around tomorrow, I think...

Probably correct. But don't forget my second mail where I noticed
that this patch has the flaw of making the first run of fc-cache
*very* slow because /root/.fonts.cache-2 is generated first
and then the cache files in /var/cache/fontconfig.

My only idea at the moment is to add a parameter to the
FcInitLoadConfigAndFonts() function call which can be true or false
and if it is false no caches are generated, only the list of font
directories is updated.

Or something like this.

Unfortunately I am very busy with other stuff now and cannot think
about this problem now.

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。