[Fontconfig] Re: most fonts don't support English anymore???

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 31 07:38:29 PST 2006

Mike FABIAN wrote:
> Patrick Lam <plam at MIT.EDU> さんは書きました:
>>Mike FABIAN wrote:
>>>Why is suddenly "en" missing in the "lang" output for fonts
>>>like "Arial" and "FreeSans" which certainly support English?:
>>I can't reproduce this.  There might have been corrupted caches at
>>some point?
> I don't think so because I can always reproduce it even
> after deleting all caches in /var/cache/fontconfig and
> ~/.fonts.cache-2.
> (CVS checkout from today).

That's strange.  There aren't fonts.cache-2 files lying around too?  My
fonts definitely still contain lang=en (among other things), and I
haven't touched any code that should affect lang at all.