[Fontconfig] Scalable pattern matching

Rich Baumann biochem333 at nyc.rr.com
Sun Mar 5 20:09:10 PST 2006

Hi,

	I need fontconfig to return only scalable fonts from FcFontMatch but
I've been unable to figure out how to do so. I've tried adding
FC_SCALABLE, FcTrue to the search pattern, but if the first (or only)
matching family name in the search pattern is for a bitmap font,
fontconfig returns a pattern for that font, even if a later family name
in the search pattern matches a scalable font. Am I missing something in
the API, or is it not possible to get the behavior I need? I've been
told that there's a way to build fontconfig so that it doesn't support
bitmap fonts, however this is for use in a graphics library, not just
for my personal use, so that's a non-option.

Rich
--
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to
live at the expense of everybody else. -- Frédéric Bastiat