[Fontconfig] fontconfig status update

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri Sep 1 07:41:16 PDT 2006

For those on gentoo, I have an ebuild in my overlay.

Get the overlay by either of:

git clone git://git.jhcloos.org/portage-overlay
git clone http://git.jhcloos.org/portage-overlay

and put bleedingedge in USE to get Keith's branch; leave it out
to get the fc-2_4_branch.

If you are behind a firewall that prevents using git:// urls for
cloning, you'll have to edit the ebuild and change EGIT_REPO_URI
to use http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/fontconfig instead.

I've been updating daily and it works well.

I have found that at least some cache files written by fc-cache
were ignored and new cache file created when fc-aware apps started
up.  But I only just started todays emerge, that may have changed
since yesterday....

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0xED7DAEA6