[Fontconfig] bug status for 2.4 release

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Sep 3 13:46:01 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 16:08 -0400, James Cloos wrote:

>    All sample configs into conf.avail, with ordering prefixes

Yes. Note that 50-user.conf should load ~/.fonts.conf, so you'll want to
reorder the prefixes to place stuff in the right relation to that. You
might want to write up a little list of suggested numberings for various
configuration actions (rendering changes, family additions, etc).

>    Symlinks from conf.d to conf.avail for enabled configs
>
>    Put the local.conf load into one of these

Yes, probably 51-local.conf, to match the current ordering.

>    Enable by default the same ones currently enabled by default?

Sounds good to me. Feel free to also stick other config files
in /usr/share/doc/fontconfig/examples if you like; otherwise we'll
ignore them :-)

> I'll hack away at it this evening.

Much appreciated. Feel free to split out other config bits from
fonts.conf if you like

keith.packard at intel.com