[Fontconfig] Installing configuration examples

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Sep 7 09:12:21 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 12:53 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Not filtering on number prefix does not mean people won't use number
> prefixes.
> If they don't want to bother selecting the right priority number, forcing
> them to pick up a random one won't help at all.

Which is why I wanted to come up with a policy for the numbering.
Something simple like:

10: font directories
20: selectfont (white/black listing)
30: system rendering defaults
50: 50-user.conf
60: local default configuration
70: font aliases (75-dejavu.conf, 75-vera.conf, etc)
99: local fixups (overriding user configuration if necessary)

I think a bit of documentation (in conf.d/README) will make this
workable.

keith.packard at intel.com