[Fontconfig] Re: fontconfig problem

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Sep 21 09:00:12 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 18:34 +0900, SungHyun Nam wrote:

> Hmm, no it's not. If I do 'mv Type1/cour*.pfa ~/tmp' and run the
> command above, now fontconfig-2.4.1 also find the pcf font.
>     courR12-ISO8859-1.pcf.gz: "Courier" "Regular"
> But the problem remains.

I'm sorry, we haven't actually tested the code path used by
gnome-terminal. I'm not sure it will do any good, but can you check the
output of

$ fc-match --sort 'gulimche'

for me? In my testing, I still get courier first, but I'm curious what
you will get. Gnome-terminal *should* use the fonts in the order
returned by fc-match --sort. Comparing this value between 2.3.95 and
2.4.1 should show us what gnome-terminal is seeing.

keith.packard at intel.com