[Fontconfig] fc-glyphname bug

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Mar 7 14:09:16 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 14:54 -0500, James Cloos wrote:

> Keith> No, the full adobe glyph set has never been a part of
> Keith> fontconfig as I haven't ever seen a need. Fontconfig only uses
> Keith> this table for fonts with adobe_custom encoding; the only ones
> Keith> I've seen like this are the decorative glyph fonts. Do you have
> Keith> a font which requires this data?
>
> I don't know whether it requires the data, but URW's Symbol will not
> cache when FC_GLYPHNAME_MAXLEN is too small for the font's glyphnames.

That shouldn't matter; can you explain where in the code the limit is
causing a problem? As far as I know, the code compares font glyph names
with those in the static table, so font glyph names longer than the
largest pre-defined glyph name should not cause any problem.

If that's not true, we should just fix the code; it's a bug that you are
masking by adding piles of data to the library.

keith.packard at intel.com