[Fontconfig] [ft-devel] Re: Why did the default font settings change around freetype 2.3 release and why isn't there at least a simple "no blurry fonts" settings?

Maarten Maathuis madman2003 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 02:00:46 PDT 2007

I'm sorry, for the screenshot i changed the settings, to create the bad.jpg.
When i tried to revert all the font related changes i could still remember,
i found it reverted to an acceptable:

- full hinting (i guess)
- anti aliasing on
- auto hinter off

The problem must have been fixed since 2.3.0. Sorry for not checking if the
problem persisted in the latest version. I am however certain that the BCI
was enabled at the time, since i could manually change the settings.

I do have one small question, why is the autohinter so ugly? (Is this on
purpose?)

Maarten.