[Fontconfig] how to install locales

Naveen Kumar naveen at galieosoft.com
Sun Jan 20 20:53:06 PST 2008

Hi all,

I am working on embedded platform (xscale pxa255), i need to build font
specific application using gtk. Actually we can do this on linux machine
using gettext and installing fonts (TTF). Run the application by setting
environment variable LANG to the desired language,

$export LANG=hi_IN.UTF-8
$./application

But on my target these UTF locales are not installed. Please any of you
guide what is the way to install locales in my embedded platform.

Here are some observations form my target terminal :

$echo $LANG

Nothing it will display.

$ locale -a
POSIX