[Fontconfig] Compiling fontconfig 2.5.92 on tru64 5.1b

Didier Godefroy ldg at ulysium.net
Mon May 5 11:29:26 PDT 2008

on 5/5/08 5:37 PM, Dan Nicholson at dbn.lists at gmail.com uttered the
following:

> I think DOLT is messing with the setting of LTCOMPILE, which is the
> part that's not getting used. Oh, it looks like dolt does an
> AC_SUBST(LTCOMPILE), however, libtool normally puts the LTCOMPILE
> setting in make through automake. When you run configure, LTCOMPILE
> never gets set, and configure substitutes an empty LTCOMPILE setting
> in the Makefile. The AC_SUBST overrides the default setting from
> libtool, which was not the intended effect.
>
> That's bad of dolt and breaks the build for any platform where it's
> not supported. What's the output of `grep LTCOMPILE fc-arch/Makefile'?
>
> If you want to "fix" this, you'll need the autotools. Comment out the
> DOLT line in configure.in and then run autoreconf.

Ok, after commenting out the DOLT and running autoreconf, the build goes
further but still ends up on more errors:

Making all in src
sh ../src/makealias "../src" fcalias.h fcaliastail.h
../fontconfig/fontconfig.h  ../src/fcdeprecate.h  ../fontconfig/fcprivate.h
sh ../src/makealias "../src" fcftalias.h fcftaliastail.h
../fontconfig/fcfreetype.h
make  all-am
source='fcatomic.c' object='fcatomic.lo' libtool=yes  DEPDIR=.deps
depmode=tru64 /bin/bash ../depcomp  /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC
--mode=compile cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I. -I.. -I..
-I../src                 -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/includ
-I/usr/local/include
-DFC_CACHEDIR='"/usr/local/fontconfig/var/cache/fontconfig"'
-DFONTCONFIG_PATH='"/usr/local/fontconfig/etc"'     -O4 -g3 -pthread -c -o
fcatomic.lo fcatomic.c
libtool: compile:  cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../src
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include
-DFC_CACHEDIR=\"/usr/local/fontconfig/var/cache/fontconfig\"
-DFONTCONFIG_PATH=\"/usr/local/fontconfig/etc\" -O4 -g3 -pthread -c -MD
fcatomic.c  -DPIC -o .libs/fcatomic.o
cc: Error: /usr/local/include/inttypes.h, line 88: In this declaration,
"ldiv_t" appears to be used as if it named a type, but there is no declared
type of that name visible. (typedefnotdef)
typedef ldiv_t imaxdiv_t;
--------^
cc: Error: /usr/local/include/inttypes.h, line 90: Missing ";". (nosemi)
extern intmax_t imaxabs __((intmax_t));
------------------------^
cc: Error: /usr/local/include/inttypes.h, line 91: In this declaration,
"imaxdiv_t" appears to be used as if it named a type, but there is no
declared type of that name visible. (typedefnotdef)
extern imaxdiv_t imaxdiv __((intmax_t, intmax_t));
-------^
cc: Error: /usr/include/time.h, line 220: Missing ";". (nosemi)
extern void tzset __((void));
------------------^
cc: Error: ../fontconfig/fontconfig.h, line 605: Ill-formed parameter type
list. (parmtyplist)
FcObjectSetVaBuild (const char *first, va_list va);
---------------------------------------^
cc: Error: ../fontconfig/fontconfig.h, line 822: Ill-formed parameter type
list. (parmtyplist)
FcPatternVaBuild (FcPattern *orig, va_list va);
-----------------------------------^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 204: Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
(missingtype)
    intptr_t        elts_offset;
----^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 288: Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
(missingtype)
    intptr_t        leaves_offset;
----^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 289: Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
(missingtype)
    intptr_t        numbers_offset;
----^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 321: Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
(missingtype)
    intptr_t    size;            /* size of file */
----^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 322: Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
(missingtype)
    intptr_t    dir;            /* offset to dir name */
----^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 323: Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
(missingtype)
    intptr_t    dirs;            /* offset to subdirs */
----^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 325: Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
(missingtype)
    intptr_t    set;            /* offset to font set */
----^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 347: Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
(missingtype)
    intptr_t    offset;
----^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 353: Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
(missingtype)
    intptr_t        size;
----^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 484: Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
(missingtype)
    time_t    rescanTime;        /* last time information was scanned */
----^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 491: Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
(missingtype)
    time_t  time;
----^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 593: In this declaration, "intptr_t" appears to be
used as if it named a type, but there is no declared type of that name
visible. (typedefnotdef)
FcPrivate intptr_t
----------^
cc: Error: fcint.h, line 605: In this declaration, "intptr_t" appears to be
used as if it named a type, but there is no declared type of that name
visible. (typedefnotdef)
FcPrivate intptr_t
----------^
cc: Error: fcatomic.c, line 147: In this declaration, "time_t" must specify
a type. (badparsedecl)
        time_t  now = time (0);
------------^
cc: Info: ../fontconfig/fontconfig.h, line 518: The type "struct stat" has
been declared within and is limited to a function prototype scope.  It will
not be compatible with an identical type declared in another scope.  This
might not be what you intended. (protoscope)
FcDirCacheLoadFile (const FcChar8 *cache_file, struct stat *file_stat);
-----------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: fcint.h, line 508: The type "struct stat" has been declared within
and is limited to a function prototype scope.  It will not be compatible
with an identical type declared in another scope.  This might not be what
you intended. (protoscope)
FcDirCacheBuild (FcFontSet *set, const FcChar8 *dir, struct stat *dir_stat,
FcStrSet *dirs);
-----------------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: fcatomic.c, line 69: In this statement, the return type for
intrinsic "strlen" is being changed from "size_t" to "int". (intrinsicint)
    int        file_len = strlen ((char *) file);
-----------------------^
cc: Warning: fcatomic.c, line 78: In the initializer for atomic,
"malloc(...)" of type "int", is being converted to "pointer to struct
_FcAtomic". (cvtdiftypes)
    FcAtomic    *atomic = malloc (total_len);
--------------------------^
cc: Error: fcatomic.c, line 103: In this statement, "FILE" is not declared.
(undeclared)
    FILE    *f = 0;
----^
cc: Error: fcatomic.c, line 103: In this statement, "f" is not declared.
(undeclared)
    FILE    *f = 0;
-----------------^
cc: Error: fcatomic.c, line 105: In this declaration, "lck_stat" has no
linkage and is of an incomplete type. (incompnolink)
    struct stat    lck_stat;
----------------^
cc: Error: fcatomic.c, line 127: In this statement, "EOF" is not declared.
(undeclared)
    if (fclose (f) == EOF)
cc: Error: fcatomic.c, line 148: In this statement, "now" is not declared.
(undeclared)
        if ((long int) (now - lck_stat.st_mtime) > 10 * 60)
*** Exit 1
Stop.

--
Didier Godefroy