[Fontconfig] Problems installing 2.6.0 on Vista

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 27 17:29:16 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "John C. Turnbull" <ozemale at ozemail.com.au>

> I ran "./configure" - that's all - and that part works fine.  Maybe your
> issue has something to do with static vs. shared libraries?

Yes, looks like that's the case. As soon as I deviate from
"--disable-shared --enable-static" the make process fails because it reckons
that I need a shared freetype library (dll), and I can't get freetype to
build anything other than a static library. (I'll check for a more recent
version of freetype source and see if that makes a difference, when I have
the time .... but I'm not all that passionate about building dll's anyway.)

Cheers,
Rob