[Fontconfig] Tutorial or guidance for using fontconfig

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 12:26:31 PST 2009

Hi, Robert,

I don't understand *why* you would want to integrate fontconfig into
VTK.  I assume that VTK only really needs access to high-level string
layout functionality, such as that provided by the Pango, Pango+Cairo,
or Pango+FreeType2 libraries.  So why don't you just go one of those
routes and let Pango/FreeType deal with fontconfig under the hood
somewhere?

- Ed Trager