[Fontconfig] fontconfig-2.6.99.behdad

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Mar 13 16:13:45 PDT 2009

Hey,

I've been hacking on fontconfig on and off since August.  I've been pushing
this work in Fedora rawhide for testing over the past months.  I've now made
this available as a tarball for other distributions who may want to use it.
Fedora 11 will ship with fontconfig-2.6.99.behdad available from:

   http://people.freedesktop.org/~behdad/fontconfig/

as well as the 2.6.99.behdad tag in my fontconfig tree at:

   http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~behdad/fontconfig/

This adds some 170 commits over 2.6.0.  100 of them mine, 60 Roozbeh's, and 10
misc patches.  Diffstats: 6838 insertions(+), 2129 deletions(-).  The major
changes since 2.6.0 include:

   - Countless bug and enhancement fixes.  The following 84 bugs should be fixed:

   http://tinyurl.com/dlx2sz

   - Added command-line tools fc-query and fc-scan that can query an
uninstalled font file.  This is used by PackageKit-based font autoinstallation:

   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/AutomaticFontInstallation

   - Added FcPatternFormat() which is called by all the cmd-line tools as
--format and can be used to specify the format of their output.  This is also
used by PackageKit-based font autoinstallation.

   - Added the following API functions:

	FcConfigReference
	FcCharSetMerge
	FcLangSetGetLangs
	FcPatternFilter
	FcPatternFormat

   - Roozbeh cleaned up all .orth files and added many new ones, covering
almost all locales in glibc

   - Optimized malloc usage in various places

Cheers,
behdad