[Fontconfig] Font weights?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Sep 19 02:57:00 PDT 2011

Le Lun 19 septembre 2011 11:17, Felix Miata a écrit :
> On 2011/09/19 10:41 (GMT+0200) Nicolas Mailhot composed:
>
>> Le Sam 17 septembre 2011 17:05, Dave Pawson a écrit :
>
>>>    Shame there are no standards in this area.
>
>> Microsoft wants new fonts to conform to
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/text/attachment/2249036.ashx
>
>> (wayback archive is your friend)
>
> But PDF as web doc is not. What's the gist of that inaccessible content?
> http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20030714.html

The document is in the wrong format, and not easy to read (screaming a lot
helps), but you can infer from it what Microsoft and Adobe apps expect of
recent fonts. It sucks but as far as I know it's the best source we have right
now. I won't pretend I know it well enough to interpret it by memory.

No doubt our proprietary friends have a better version somewhere in their
internal documentation silos.

--
Nicolas Mailhot