[Fontconfig] cross-compiling for iOS

Gian Lorenzo Meocci glmeocci at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 04:20:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to cross-compile fontconfig for iOS Platform (simulator
and device: i386, armv6, armv7) but I have some problems with
libiconv.
Can I force the path of libiconv? Now I am opbtain something like this:

MacBook-Air-Meox:fontconfig-2.9.0 meox$ make
make  all-recursive
Making all in fontconfig
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in fc-case
make  all-am
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in fc-lang
make  all-am
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in fc-glyphname
make  all-am
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in src
make  all-am
  CCLD   libfontconfig.la
Undefined symbols for architecture armv6:
  "_libiconv_open", referenced from:
      _FcFreeTypeQueryFace in fcfreetype.o
  "_libiconv_close", referenced from:
      _FcFreeTypeQueryFace in fcfreetype.o
  "_libiconv", referenced from:
      _FcFreeTypeQueryFace in fcfreetype.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv6
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libfontconfig.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1