[Fontconfig] X_OK permission is invalid for win32 access(..) calls

Pavel Koshevoy pkoshevoy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 21:57:17 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have run into a fatal error when initializing fontconfig font cache on
windows.
I've tracked down the problem to _access(.., W_OK|X_OK) call(s) in fccache.c

According to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1w06ktdy%28v=vs.80%29.aspx 01
permission (X_OK in mingw/cygwin headers) is not a valid parameter, and
it causes a fatal error terminating the program.

I've been able to hack-around this program by re-implementing access(..)
in my program and masking out the X_OK (01) bit from the permissions
bitmask.  However, I would prefer to see this fixed properly at the
upstream.

     Pavel.