[Fontconfig] fontconfig: Branch 'master'

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Thu Mar 15 19:43:24 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> Did you investigate why $(RM) wasn't working?  Being portable is exactly why
> autotools defines $(RM).  Not using it is asking for trouble.  More comments

Not really. $(RM) is pre-defined value by GNU make. see:
$ make --version
GNU Make 3.82
Built for x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
$ make -p | grep "^RM ="
RM = rm -f
$

and

On FreeBSD say:
$ make -p | grep "^RM ="
$

> Any place like this, if you use "rm" and not "rm -f", that's a bug, because if
> the target file doesn't exist, rm will fail.  There's a few of those in this
> change.

That's why adding a '-' to ignore an error.

This is ugly fix right. probably that would be better checking if make
has the pre-defined RM and set RM if not available. let me revert the
changes and commit better thing.

--
Akira TAGOH