[Fontconfig] any possible trouble by adding lang to the pattern by default

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Mon May 21 22:34:47 PDT 2012

For the reference of what I want to address:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~tagoh/fontconfig/commit/?h=add-lang-to-pattern

$ LANG=ja ./fc-match/fc-match
VL-PGothic-Regular.ttf: "VL Pゴシック" "regular"
$ LANG=zh_CN ./fc-match/fc-match
wqy-zenhei.ttc: "文泉驿正黑" "Regular"
$ LANG=en_US ./fc-match/fc-match
DejaVuSans.ttf: "DejaVu Sans" "Book"
$ FC_DEBUG=4 FC_LANG=ja:zh-cn LANG=en_US ./fc-match/fc-match
FcConfigSubstitute Pattern has 1 elts (size 16)
        lang: "ja"(w) "zh-cn"(w)
VL-PGothic-Regular.ttf: "VL Pゴシック" "regular"
$ FC_DEBUG=4 FC_LANG=ja:zh-cn LANG=en_US ./fc-match/fc-match :lang=en
FcConfigSubstitute Pattern has 1 elts (size 16)
        lang: en(s) "ja"(w) "zh-cn"(w)

--
Akira TAGOH