[Fontconfig] Matching FC_SCALABLE

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Sat Aug 10 04:14:00 PDT 2013

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> I think we should match on FC_SCALABLE and at very high priority.
> I'm surprised that we don't already.  We don't match on it at all!

I believe traditionally 'antialias' could be used in the pattern to
select scalable vs. non-scalable fonts. (I used this for Adobe Type1 vs.
PCF fonts.)

However, after [1] non-scalable fonts always lost the pixelsize match
which has higher priority, limiting the usefulness of this approach
somewhat.

So yes, I think the change is a good idea...

Raimund

[1]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/fontconfig/commit/src/fcmatch.c?id=a5a384c5ffb479e095092c2aaedd406f8785280a

--