[Fontconfig] REGRESSION: 2.11, cache is always rebuilt for root font directories (Was Re: fontconfig: Branch 'master')

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Tue Nov 5 03:40:27 CET 2013

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia
<jeremyhu at freedesktop.org> wrote:
> This commit introduces a bad performance regression.  Every time fc-cache is run, it runs through the directories twice.  The first time, it sees valid caches and does nothing.  The second time, it always rebuilds.

Not rebuilding everything. as it commented in the source code as well
as the git log, it was supposed to enforce to rebuild the directory
cache only for certain font path non-recursively. that said it was
just a situation what I was expecting and could be improved
furthermore. let me think about this.

Thanks for reporting,
--
Akira TAGOH