[Fontconfig] Fwd: Re: [ft-devel] New Microsoft size-specific design selection mechanism

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Fri Nov 15 01:05:02 PST 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> My main feedback is that I prefer not adding a new element but reusing a new
> value type for the existing size attribute.  Ie. the fonts with this new info
> will have their size attribute reflect a range.

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you mean by "a new element".
are you expecting not adding any into the cache? or talking about the
range element in xml?
for the cache, I think it is necessary thing so that we have an
opportunity to read OS/2 table during only scaning in most cases.
for xml thing, <range> isn't a new in fact. it could be used for
<blank> and <charset>, which contains integer range, but not double.

>                                                  Then define the compare
> function for a double and a range to the minimum distance from the double to a
> member of the range (and define the distance between two ranges similarly).  I
> would also keep the Double out of the name.  Just use Range.

So wanted to keep the existing one. anyway let me integrate both into one then.

--
Akira TAGOH