[Fontconfig] Support Emoji

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Mon Nov 16 19:19:16 PST 2015

welll, the concern to define a block of emoji characters as a
orthography is, all of emoji fonts doesn't necessarily has all/most of
characters and/or hard to figure out what characters are majority to
be supported in them. need another method to check if a font has
sufficient coverage for requirement.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Guo Yunhe (郭云鹤)
<guoyunhebrave at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could fontconfig add Unicode blocks of Emoji?
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoji#Blocks
>
> Then users can specify a font for them:
>
> <match>
>   <test name="family">sans-serif</test>
>   <test name="lang">emoji</test>
>   <edit name="family">My Emoji Font</edit>
> </match>
>
> --
> Guo Yunhe (郭云鹤)
> http://guoyunhe.me/