[fprint] Validity VFS Series proprietary driver

Carlos Vedovatti carlos.vedovatti at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 16 14:00:38 PDT 2011

Hi there,

I have the validity VFS 301 and currently there is no driver for it in
Linux.

The only driver available for Validity devices is vfs101.c and works for
VFS 101 and VFS 201. I tried several time this driver on the VFS 301 and
it simply doesnt work.

The property driver you pointed out is for VFS 451 and 471 and just
works on SLED. I tried in Ubuntu and no luck.

On the other hand, I got this email from a developer from Validity Inc.
when I asked for support for Linux:

SLED 11 SP1 is available this year for VFS451 & VFS471 on certain HP
notebooks.

We're working on our own Linux driver for SLED, Ubuntu & Fedora and we
plan to make it available by April next year.

It will support VFS301, 5011, 5111 and 5131 in addition to VFS451, 471 &
491.