[fprint] Info on 1c7a:0603 (Integrated on Lenovo B570)

Алексей Прокопчук alexpro at homelan.lg.ua
Thu Oct 20 05:48:54 PDT 2011

19.10.2011 09:23, Michel Memeteau - Société Ekimia пишет:
> Hi all ,
>
> trying to make 1c7a:0603 integrated fingeprint reader work on Lenovo B570.
>
> So far I contacted the manufacturer  http://www.egistec.com/ which
> does not seem to propose a solution for linux, except for their dongle.
>

> How Sniffing USB on Win7 can help you for example ?
Hi, Michel!
Sorry, my English is not very good, excuse me if I said something wrong.
I also have a Lenovo laptop with EgisTec fingerprint reader.
Almost year ago I started working on driver for similar device:
1c7a:0801. Currently, it almost ready in terms of getting image from
device and transfer it to the libfprint. Unfortunately, my experience
with image processing algorithms is poor, and I still could not complete
the work on the driver in part of the final image processing.
I currently use this driver on my laptop, but because that the image
transferred from device to libfprint is unprocessed, I got too many
false recognitions of fingerprint. For a positive result is need to
every time swipe your finger across scanner as precisely as possible.
If you have relevant experience, we can work together on the final
completion of the driver. I think that the device 1c7a:0603 has a
similar or the same communications protocol with 1c7a:0801. In any case,
we should try it.

With best regards, Alexey Prokopchuk (AP8686-RIPE)