[fprint] question about biometric verify

Linos info at linos.es
Tue Sep 27 08:52:28 PDT 2011

El 26/09/11 19:46, Rafael Toledo escribió:
> Hello, Linos!
>
> I was made on a project some months ago, a identify system. Maybe the concept
> can help you.
> I used the fp_identify_finger() function. I maintain the finger data in the
> database, after converting them to unsigned char*.
> I create a vector with user names, and a vector with the data of the
> fingerprints in the same order. As the function returns
> the index of the finger identified, I catch the same index on the vector of
> users to know who is the user.
>
> Maybe this idea can suggest any solution to you (maybe this isn't the best
> answer, but works)
> Best regards,
> Rafael Toledo

I am a bit lost reading the code because i have little to none experience with
c, i am using python in the project with a wrapper for the library i have
created with cython, but the function fp_dev_supports_identification returns
False for me with the Upek Eikon, i have read the code and it seems that the
needed function identify_start it is only set for imaging devices.

Could anyone please confirm this? i have checked and the SDK from Upek have an
identify function but it seems that libfprint don't supports that.

Regards,
Miguel Angel.