[fprint] 5 enrolls --> does 6 and breaks with error -22

Thomas Hartmann tshartmann at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 04:53:26 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am currently trying to set up the fingerprint sensor on my Lenovo X220
running with fedora 16 (Linux navicella 3.3.8-1.fc16.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon
Jun 4 20:49:02 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)

Scanning etc. seem to work (in principle) but as well as the demo as
pam_fprint_enroll or just fprintd-enroll the enrollment of my finger
does not finish graceful. I scan my finger five times and the scans are
succesful but the loop does not ends properly, asks for a 6 of 5 scan
and breaks afterwards with an error -22

Maybe somebody has an idea for me, what I have to do to fix it?

Cheers and thanks,
  Thomas

e.g.,

pam_fprint_enroll --enroll-finger 7
This program will enroll your finger, unconditionally overwriting any
selected print that was enrolled previously. If you want to continue,
press enter, otherwise hit Ctrl+C

Found device claimed by UPEK Eikon 2 driver
Opened device. It's now time to enroll your finger.

You will need to successfully scan your Right Index Finger 5 times to
complete the process.

Scan your finger now.
Enroll stage passed. Yay!

Scan your finger now.