[fprint] Raspberry Pi - Raspbian - to slow for fprint_demo ?

Mariusz Ciszewski mariusz.ciszewski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 13:07:33 PDT 2014

Dear Vasily

I decided to check again this strange behavior of fprint-demo on Raspberry
Pi (fprintd, fprint-demo, fprint-gui form original Raspbian repositories
included by default).

I decided to check its behavior in text console (using fprintd-enroll and
then fprintd-verify.

And just look - normally (on Ubuntu) after fprint-enroll system ask be 5
times to repeat fingerprint scan.

And here on Raspberry Pi it looks:

root at raspberrypi:/home/pi# fprintd-enroll
Using device /net/reactivated/Fprint/Device/0
Enrolling right index finger.
Enroll result: enroll-completed
root at raspberrypi:/home/pi# fprintd-enroll
Using device /net/reactivated/Fprint/Device/0
Enrolling right index finger.
Enroll result: enroll-completed
root at raspberrypi:/home/pi#

And then:

root at raspberrypi:/home/pi# fprintd-verify
Using device /net/reactivated/Fprint/Device/0
Listing enrolled fingers:
 - #0: right-index-finger
Verify result: verify-no-match (done)
root at raspberrypi:/home/pi# fprintd-verify
Using device /net/reactivated/Fprint/Device/0
Listing enrolled fingers:
 - #0: right-index-finger

** (fprintd-verify:3531): CRITICAL **: dbus_set_g_error: assertion `gerror
== NULL || *gerror == NULL' failed
VerifyStart failed:
root at raspberrypi:/home/pi# fprintd-verify
Using device /net/reactivated/Fprint/Device/0
Listing enrolled fingers:
 - #0: right-index-finger
Verify result: verify-no-match (done)
root at raspberrypi:/home/pi#

Any ideas why fingerprint devices cannot work on Raspberry Pi properly?

Vasily I didn't try your repositories yet. Maybe I should...