[fprint] How to use libfprint library in android

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Oct 15 06:02:15 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 18:06 +0530, Shivaprasad Imdapur wrote:
> Hello,
>

>     In my android device development project, I have hardware and I
> have developed driver for that. This hardware is placed using SPI
> drivers. Now I am able to scan a finger and get a raw data.
>

>    My question is, Is it possible to use libfprint library for image
> conversion processing and biometric functionality like ENROLL and
> VERIFICATION.
>

>   If so how to use libfprint library in AOSP ? Keep in mind that I am
> having driver and able to get raw data.

libfprint requires that you use the drivers present within libfprint
itself to access the hardware. You could potentially write a libfprint
driver to drive the hardware through your SPI driver, but that's not
something we could accept in libfprint unless it was generic enough (eg.
if all the fingerprint readers on Android used that same mechanism).

Cheers