[fprint] VFS301 - Doesn't proceed after first enroll

Vasily Khoruzhick anarsoul at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 03:52:07 PDT 2015

HI Prasanna,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmailme at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded the source of libfprint-0.6.0 and fprint-0.6.0. Compiled
> them and installed.
>
> fprintd-enroll enrolls the first entry, but keeps on waiting for next 4
> enrolls. No feedback from the program either.

It means VFS301 driver is buggy. Recent changes just revealed this
bug. It will fail the same way on short scan or a scan with not enough
minutiae. Unfortunatelly I have no VFS301 device to fix the driver.

> I had to change the number of enrollments from 5 to 1 in imgdev.c before
> compiling for the program to be functional for me.

This change will break other devices. And anyway it'll fail if
application attempts to redo bad scan as I mentioned above.

> While Compiling this cli.c and running accepts 'n' number of enrollments.
> Also the LED in the fingerprint readers aren't glowing.

Non-functional LED is a driver issue.

> --
> Pras.

Regards,