[fprint] libfprint and nodejs/node-red

Thilo Cestonaro thilo at cestona.ro
Wed Nov 4 11:34:10 PST 2015

Am 04.11.2015 um 11:38 schrieb Thilo Cestonaro:

>>> Is it just, that the docu is not up to date or are theses functions not
>>> yet for use?
>>
>> Docs aren't up to date. And I'd recommend using fprintd instead of
>> libfprint, that's a proper way of sharing fingerprint scanner between
>> applications.
>>
> fprintd and its dbus interface will work, I guess!
> Thanks for the hint.

fprintd doesn't seem to be the correct way to go for me.
I don't favour, that it saves the data itself and coupled with an username.

So I did implement it using fp_async_*_start, fp_async_*_stop which
works pretty nicely after I used fp_handle_events_timeout as fprintd does.

Is there a capture-only function respectively are there offline matching
functions?
So someone could capture it's fingerprint (for verification or
identification) at Host-A and match (verify/identify) it on Host-B which
doesn't have a fp-reader (Serverside matching)?

If someone is interessted in testing or any comments to the code:

Backend which includes the c++ code:
https://github.com/ephraim/node-fingerprint

Frontend for node-red:
https://github.com/ephraim/node-red-node-fingerprint