[fprint] Support for my fingerprint reader 138a:003d Validity Sensors, where to start?

Charles Lane lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu
Tue Oct 27 18:11:42 PDT 2015

Rather than decoding the USB conversation, if it's a device
that is understood by the Validity-Sensor-Setup (vcsFPServiceDaemon)
..I think originally for HP computers, then the only thing that
is needed is an interface between libfprint and the vcsFP daemon.

It's what I got working for the VFS495, for example. Unfortunately
the Validity-Sensor-Setup binary package doesn't seem to have
source code available anywhere.