[fprint] FPrint after Windows Usage

Vasily Khoruzhick anarsoul at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 11:32:52 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:35 AM, HERAULT-MARTIN Pierre
<hickscorp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list users,

Hi Pierre,

> I'm new to the whole fingerprint thingy. I have purchased a laptop and
> it offers this fingerprint reader (Some sort of EgisTek device, it is
> listed as "1c7a:0603 LighTuning Technology Inc.").
> I was wondering if maybe one of you guys have had the same problem than
> me. I first thought that the problem was randomly appearing, but I
> noticed a pattern.
> I sometimes use Windows to play some games, and I think there must be
> some sort of hardware persistency in the way Windows initializes the
> device, because every time I reboot to Linux, the fingerprint reader
> stops working. It basically becomes crazy, and thinks I am scanning my
> finger over and over again, while i just scanned it once.
>
> I found this thread online, but most of the links they suggest are dead:
> http://www.reactivated.net/fprint_list_archives/2007-November/000159.html
>
> Is there anyone who could kindly point me to the correct approach for
> solving this issue please?

I believe that Windows either downloads new firmware to the device
and/or changes some register values.
In first case I don't think we can do anything but resetting the
device in some way. In latter case it might be useful
to dump value of registers and compare them with default.

> Best regards,
> Pierre.

Regards,
Vasily