[fprint] Some glitchy-ness with AES2810

Nathaniel Roach nroach44 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 17:45:23 UTC 2016

Hi all!

Not sure if it's debian's build, or my AES2810, but sometimes instead of
working flawlessly like usual, the following happens:

Swipe your finger across the fingerprint reader
Swipe your finger again
Swipe your finger again

Despite using the right finger, and the finger and sensor being clean etc.
Or,

Swipe your finger across the fingerprint reader

Is repeated after each swipe without the "swipe again" message.

This would be fine, but my main issue is that fprint doesn't respect
CTRL+C, so I'm left waiting for the timeout to occur. I'm not sure if
the above issues are causing similar issues in lightdm too, but this'll
mean I need to wait ~20seconds to login/unlock using a password, and
even then it'll usually fail the first time.

Is there a way to enable CTRL+C support for sudo usage, and how would I
aid in debugging the other issues?

Thanks,
Nathaniel Roach