[fprint] libfprint 1.90.2

Benjamin Berg benjamin at sipsolutions.net
Mon Jun 8 12:51:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Mon, 2020-06-08 at 14:20 +0200, Benjamin Berg wrote:
> Highlights:
>  * A patch for nbis required for some sensors was accidentally dropped in
>    an earlier release. Users of these sensors/drivers (aes1610, aes2501,
>    aes2550, aes1660, aes2660, elan, upektc_img) need to re-enroll (#142).

I should have explained this a bit better. The effect of the patch
having been dropped was that we detected a lot of invalid minutiae.
This happened for example on the sides of stitched images.

I believe the implications are:
 * This false minutiae made matching really unreliable.
 * This false minutiae could cause false positives.
 * I *suspect* that, after updating, enrolled prints are effectively
   rendered useless (i.e. they will also stop causing false positives).

Benjamin