[fprint] Domains Errors and Complete error codes List

Carlos Garcia gavajc at live.com
Tue Mar 16 23:58:46 UTC 2021

Hi everyone I have some questions about Gerror for FpDevice.

I tried some error conditions related to unplugging the device and then I have different errors.

For example:

Unplug the device when capture I have:

       codes: 3
    domain: 121
   message: Endpoint stalled or request not supported
reproduce: When WAIT_FOR_FINGER_ON unplug device.

          code: 4
     domain: 121
   message: No such device (it may have been disconnected) [-4]
reproduce: Open device then unplug and next plug again. Start capture process.

        codes: 8
    domain: 121
   message: msg transfer failed
reproduce: Using a VM with VirtualBox remove the device from USB devices menu.

I saw that other domains such as G_IO_ERROR or G_USB_DEVICE_ERROR or G_LIB_USB may also be reported.
I also saw that code 4 represents a GLIB error code but code 3 and 8 is not a G_IO_ERROR or G_USB_DEVICE_ERROR
I known exists the FpDeviceRetry domain.

So my questions are:

Who represents de 121 domain?
Is there a complete list of libfprint error codes and domains?

Thanks