[fdo] Hosting DejaVu fonts

Stepan Roh stepan at srnet.cz
Sat Aug 7 16:05:47 PDT 2004

Hello.

I hope this is the right list. If not then kick me to the right list,
please. Thank you.

Recent discussion about free fonts and Bitstream Vera forks on
@freedesktop.org and fonts at gnome.org inspired me and Danilo Segan to merge
our Bitstream Vera forks (and possibly others like that of Dafydd
Harries). The combined product would retain the name DejaVu fonts. The
original plan was to continue it on SF.net (http://dejavu.sf.net). However
SF.net has its deficiencies and some people out there simply hate it.
Danilo and others participating in discussion proposed freedesktop.org. So
here I am asking for permission to host DejaVu fonts on freedesktop.org.
It will probably ease the cooperation as well as widespread adoption.
Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh