[fdo] Announce: Linux Desktop Testing Project (LDTP) 1.3.0 released
nagappan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 11:55:45 PDT 2008
We are proud to announce the release of LDTP 1.3.0. This release features
number of important breakthroughs in LDTP as well as in the field of Test
Automation. This release note covers a brief introduction on LDTP followed
by the list of new features and major bug fixes which makes this new version
of LDTP the best of the breed. Useful references have been included at the
end of this article for those who wish to hack / use LDTP.
Linux Desktop Testing Project is aimed at producing high quality test
automation framework (C / Python) and cutting-edge tools that can be used to
test Linux Desktop and improve it. It uses the Accessibility libraries to
poke through the application's user interface. The framework also has tools
to record test-cases based on user events in the interface of the
application which is under testing. We strive to help in building a quality
Whats new in this release:
* Shreyank Gupta <shreyankg at gmail.com> has contributed Object Oriented LDTP
based generation of scripts in LDTP editor.
* Thanks to Philipp Wagner <PWAGNER at de.ibm.com> for reporting bugs on LDTP.
* Thanks to Ara Pulido <ara at ubuntu.com> for reporting utf-8 related bugs.
* Fixes required for VMware Player automation, reported by Gaurav Sharma <
gauravs at vmware.com>
* Fixes required for VMware Workstation globalization testing, reported by
Nagappan Alagappan <nalagappan at vmware.com>
Download source tarball -
* Ubuntu QA team has officially announced , LDTP as their testing tool
* LDTP is also being used for VMware Workstation globalization testing,
thanks to Nagappan Alagappan <nalagappan at vmware.com>
* VMware Player on Linux are automated using LDTP, thanks to Gaurav Sharma <
gauravs at vmware.com>
 - http://ubuntutesting.wordpress.com/
For detailed information on LDTP framework and latest updates visit
For information on various APIs in LDTP including those added for this
release can be got from http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/user-doc/index.html
To subscribe to LDTP mailing lists, visit
IRC Channel - #ldtp on irc.freenode.net
Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the freedesktop