[Fribidi-discuss] CVS brakes binary compatibility?

Beni Cherniavsky cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Sun Jun 8 03:29:29 EST 2003

Behdad Esfahbod wrote on 2003-06-05:

> Dear Beni,
>
> This is the reason I have not released the HEAD branch yet.  The
> idea is that the next release will be 1.0, with any major and
> minor changes.  The rationale behind is that now that we are
> breaking binary compatiblity, lets do whatever we need/want.

Agreed.  I just thought it inconvenient to develop this while being
careful not to install it.  Since we will need to make a
non-compatible release someday anyway and it better be installable
along-side with the old library (until all applications switch over),
why not make whatever is needed to not interfere now and then continue
development?

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at users.sf.net>