[Fribidi-discuss] CVS brakes binary compatibility?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at bamdad.org
Sun Jun 8 23:31:03 EST 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Beni Cherniavsky wrote:

> Agreed.  I just thought it inconvenient to develop this while being
> careful not to install it.  Since we will need to make a
> non-compatible release someday anyway and it better be installable
> along-side with the old library (until all applications switch over),
> why not make whatever is needed to not interfere now and then continue
> development?

This is not the only problem.  By releasing another incompatible
version now, developers start migrating to it, so after another
incompatibility, there would be three different fribidis...,
better keep it at two.

--
Behdad Esfahbod		19 Khordad 1382, 2003 Jun 9
http://behdad.org/	[Finger for Geek Code]

In the corner of the dream was the man with the blue guitar
It had no strings but the music touched the stars