[FriBidi] Win32 (MinGW) work

Fridrich Strba fridrich.strba at bluewin.ch
Fri Jul 8 00:13:46 EST 2005

Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Please keep in mind that the Windows Unicode representation is currently
> unsupported by FriBiDi. This means that you will have to re encode strings.

I don't think there would be a problem since our API is giving to the
applications that use us UTF-8 encoded strings. Internally, we use
mainly UTF-8 with the capacity to append to the UTF-8 string a character
encoded UCS4 that gets converted into UTF-8 on the fly.

I have built the 0.10.5 fribidi.exe as statically linked executable and
it worked well with UTF-8 encoded text documents. Sure, the UTF-8 was
not displayed correctly unless one opens it in a web-browser or in an
Unicode enabled editor, but this is really not a big deal, since libwpd
does not do any GUI work.

Cheers

Fridrich