[FriBidi] fribidi and shaping arabic characters

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Jan 27 12:25:15 PST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, kobi zamir wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloded and installed fribidi2 :-) , it works fine as far as i tested it :-)
> Will it not break pango and mlterm ?
>
> All I need to change is FriBidiCharType to  FriBidiParType ?
> Am i missing something ?

Umm, true.  It's ABI compatible, and the CharType->ParType change
only may generate warnings with C compilers.  With C++, it may be
an error.

Pango has a copy of FriBidi inside, no problem there.  I don't
know about mlterm, but I've tested with AbiWord and fribidi2
seems to be ABI/API compatible enough for it.

behdad