[FriBidi] Current status of FriBidi?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Jun 1 15:55:37 PDT 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Omer Zak wrote:

> I found that the latest release of FriBidi is version 0.10.7, in
> http://fribidi.org/.
> 1. I understand that it now fully implements the Unicode Bidi algorithm.
> 2. Where (if at all) is Arabic ligature shaping implemented?

That's not released yet, mainly for lack of time and testing, and
that the command line interface has not been updated to reflect
the new API and featuers.  The code is in the fribidi2 module in
CVS.  All relevant links are on http://fribidi.org/

> 3. Is there API and documentation about integrating it with
> line-breaking algorithms?

All public symbols have documentations in the new code base, but
not more than that.  Just checkout the code for
fribidi_log2vis().  I just added comments to it about where line
breaking should go:

  http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/fribidi/fribidi2/lib/fribidi-deprecated.c?rev=1.6&view=markup

>                                                --- Omer

--behdad