[FriBidi] fribidi2 build problems

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu May 22 22:39:15 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm having a probably building fribidi2.

I can build the version in http://fribidi.org/download/fribidi-0.19.1.tar.gz

but it does not build fribidi-config which I need to configure my other
software the is using it.

I also downloaded cvs and I can not ./bootstrap as it throws the
following errors.

I have spent most of my evening fight with this. Any help would be
appreciated.

Best regards,
   -Stephen Woodbridge

woodbri at carto:/u/software/fribidi2$ ./bootstrap -v
Usable autoreconf found, running
autoreconf2.50: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf2.50: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf2.50: running: aclocal  --output=aclocal.m4t
autoreconf2.50: `aclocal.m4' is unchanged
autoreconf2.50: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf2.50: running: libtoolize --copy --force
autoreconf2.50: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf2.50: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf2.50: running: automake --add-missing --copy
configure.ac: 44: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not
`AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
automake: Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`lib/fribidi-unicode-version.h' is in subdirectory
automake: charset/Makefile.am: unterminated conditionals:
@FRIBIDI_CHARSETS_TRUE@
charset/Makefile.am:8: pkginclude_HEADERS defined both conditionally and
unconditionally
charset/Makefile.am:10: libfribidi_char_sets_la_LDFLAGS defined both
conditionally and unconditionally
automake: charset/Makefile.am: warning: automake does not support
libfribidi_char_sets_la_LDFLAGS being defined conditionally
charset/Makefile.am:11: variable `GLIB_LIBS' not defined
lib/Makefile.am:7: libfribidi_la_LDFLAGS defined both conditionally and
unconditionally
lib/Makefile.am:5: AM_CPPFLAGS defined both conditionally and
unconditionally
lib/Makefile.am:8: libfribidi_la_LIBADD defined both conditionally and
unconditionally
lib/Makefile.am:9: libfribidi_la_DEPENDENCIES defined both conditionally
and unconditionally
automake: lib/Makefile.am: warning: automake does not support
libfribidi_la_LDFLAGS being defined conditionally
lib/Makefile.am:28: invalid variable `nodist_pkginclude_HEADERS'
bin/Makefile.am:17: LDADD defined both conditionally and unconditionally
doc/Makefile.am:12: inst_symbols defined both conditionally and
unconditionally
doc/Makefile.am:13: noinst_symbols defined both conditionally and
unconditionally
doc/Makefile.am:12: inst_symbols defined both conditionally and
unconditionally
autoreconf2.50: automake failed with exit status: 1